A Curriculum Vitae (CV) is a way of advertising yourself - and the skills, personal qualities and qualifications you can offer - so that employers will want to meet you.
Your CV should always be:
- typed in a simple easy to read font (e.g. Arial)
- short (ideally one side of A4 but not more than two)
- neat and tidy with good spelling and grammar
- easy to read &ndash bullet points are a good way of presenting information
- changed for each job application, to show that you have the right skills, qualities and qualifications to do the job you are applying for.
How to present your CV
- make sure your name is clear and that all of your contact details are correct
- leave line breaks between sections to keep information together
- highlight titles of each new area in bold
- keep text short and use space between each line to make it easy to read.